During Your Stay at Beckett Springs
Our patient-centered approach utilizes a multidisciplinary team to develop a treatment plan that is customized to your needs.
- Psychiatrist - Responsible for coordinating your overall care, prescribing medication and other procedures that are appropriate components of your treatment. The physician is the only team member with the authority to discharge you.
- Staff Nurse - Performs duties as prescribed by a physician, including administering medication, observing your behavior, and reporting on your conditions to treatment team members.
- Patient Care Assistant (PCA) - Assists you through your daily routine.
- Recreational/Expressive Therapist – Provides therapy through games, crafts, leisure education, creative expression, relaxation training and more.
- Therapist/Social Worker – Provides individual and family therapy and acts as the liaison between you, your family, and the treatment team.
A Holistic Approach to Treatment
At Beckett Springs, we employ holistic therapy options to supplement your treatment. These include:
Yoga is a system of exercises for attaining physical or mental control and well-being and has been shown to improve mental health outcomes.
Art therapy is a form of expressive therapy that uses the creative process of making art to improve a person's physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Music serves as an outlet for expression, as a form of communication, and as a mode of therapy. Lyric development allows for a different kind of communication vehicle, while active listening has been used to regulate mood.
Mental illness and addiction disorders can be isolating. Sometimes our patients experience feelings of loneliness inside of their condition. Beckett Springs offers specially trained therapy animals to provide comfort and an escape from this isolation.
The dietary program at Beckett Springs is carefully planned to provide food that meets the recommended dietary requirements. Well-balanced meals are served in a cafeteria style setting. A Registered Dietitian will provide consultation as needed in planning regular and special diets. Snacks and drinks are available on the unit.
We encourage ongoing communication with loved ones and time is designated for phone calls. Incoming patient phone calls will be directed to a patient voicemail box. Patients will be able to return phone calls at their discretion during designated times.
A schedule outlining visiting hours will be provided to you and your family. Visitation is typically scheduled on two weeknights and one weekend evening for one hour. Family programming will be held once a week on each unit.