- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is excessive and uncontrollable worry about everyday issues.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is recurrent unwanted preoccupations (obsessions) and/or repetitive behaviors (compulsions).
- Panic disorder involves episodes of intense, unexpected fear, along with physical symptoms like racing heart, trouble breathing, dizziness, fainting, or abdominal pain.
- Social anxiety disorder is excessive anxiety in everyday social situations.
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is an anxiety that occurs after a life trauma (physical or emotional). People may avoid situations, become detached, have difficulty concentrating and sleeping, and may relive traumatic experiences long after they have occurred.
- Some people have phobia(s) associated with specific objects, situations, places, animals, etc.
While most people experience some degree of anxiety, it can become a serious problem when it disrupts your quality of life. Anxiety disorders can be treated. If you or a loved one are experiencing these problems, Beckett Springs can help with diagnosis and treatment.
Learn more in our anxiety disorder treatment section.